Intensive Outpatient Program for Sex Addiction
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for sex addiction is designed for patients who need more support than individual counselling alone, but less than residential treatment. Our Sex Addiction online IOP is for individuals who have problematic compulsive sexual behaviours that are starting to negatively affect important areas of their lives, such as their health, relationships, family, work, or education.
EHN Online Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) powered by Wagon are facilitated entirely online. This makes the Sex Addiction online IOP a great option for anyone who doesn’t have access to local sex addiction therapy in their community.
The eight-week Sex Addiction online Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) will provide you with a wide variety of education and skills to help you regain control over your sexual behaviour and your life. Nine hours of programming per week consists of a one hour individual counselling session and the remaining eight hours evenly split between group therapy, dialectical behavioural therapy skills development, and psychoeducation sessions. Psychoeducation sessions teach you about the causes of sex addiction and about how to develop and maintain healthy and satisfying sexual relationships.
Patients use the EHN Online app powered by Wagon throughout the program for setting recovery goals, tracking their progress, and logging daily emotions and triggers.
The program curriculum is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the underlying causes of sex addiction as well as a variety of skills and practices to help you get better.
- Heal from the shame and stigma of sex addiction
- Improve understanding of sex addiction
- Explore traumas related to sex addiction
- Examine and address triggers and compulsions
- Improve ability to control sexual impulses
- Learn how to develop and maintain healthy and satisfying sexual relationships
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy
- Relapse-prevention skills
- Psychoeducation about sex addiction
- Healthy living practices
- EHN Online Recovery Plan
- Family Program
- 10 months of aftercare group meetings following program completion